Posted on : January 28, 2020 by Clinic One on Vaccination
Are you traveling to yellow fever risk areas? Need yellow fever vaccine in Kathmandu Nepal?
Call Clinic One at 9861966614 or email us at [email protected] and get Yellow Fever Vaccine in Kathmandu promptly.
Yellow Fever Vaccine provides protection against Yellow Fever. This is a viral infection that spreads primarily through bites of female mosquitoes ( Aedes aegypti ) infected with the Yellow Fever virus (Flavivirus). The vaccine works by exposing your body to a small amount of the weakened form of the virus to which the body develops immunity.
Yellow Fever vaccine recommendations
Yellow fever vaccines are strongly recommended to people of the age group 9 months to 59 years of age if they are :
- Living in areas at high risk of Yellow Fever Virus (South America & Africa).
- Travelling to places with higher chances of Yellow Fever Infection.
- Going to countries with Yellow Fever Vaccine requirements.
One shot of the Yellow Fever Vaccine is enough for long-lasting protection against the Yellow Fever Virus. However, a booster dose is recommended every 10 years, for people at high risk.
Who should not get the Yellow Fever vaccine?
Yellow Fever Vaccine is not recommended to:
- Infants below 6 months of age.
- People who are allergic to vaccines or vaccine components.
Note: Infants between 6 to 8 months of age should only be vaccinated in case of a yellow fever epidemic or if travelling to a yellow fever–endemic zone, where there is a lesser possibility of protection against mosquito bites. A consultation with your doctor or healthcare provider is a must before vaccination.
Other groups that require proper doctor consultation before receiving the yellow fever vaccine, due to higher risks of adverse reactions include:
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Adults over 60 years of age
- People with a weakened immune system due to long-term steroid therapy, HIV, organ transplant, and cancer patients.
If possible, travelling to a yellow fever zone should be avoided for these groups of people.
What are the symptoms of Yellow Fever?
The symptoms of yellow fever between 3-6 days after being infected with the disease are:
- Back pain
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Loss of appetite
Some serious symptoms include
- Bleeding from mouth, nose or eyes
- Abdominal pain with bloody vomit
- Blood in stool
How do you manage Yellow Fever symptoms?
There is no specific medical treatment for Yellow fever as there is no cure for viral infections. But some symptomatic management includes:
- Rest, drink fluids and use pain relievers.
- Avoid medicines such as aspirin and other no steroidal and anti-inflammatory drugs as they risk creating a risk of internal bleeding.
- Serious cases need hospitalization care and close observation.
How do you prevent Yellow Fever?
- Get Yellow Fever Vaccination while travelling to high-risk areas. Here is the list of countries where Yellow Fever vaccination is required/recommended before travelling.
- Use correct mosquito repellent on the body part where the skin is exposed.
- Cover your body parts arms, hands, legs, etc. to protect yourself from mosquito bites by wearing long sleeves shirts and pants.
- Prevent mosquito bites while travelling oversea.
- Avoid outdoor roaming during peak mosquito hours, especially during nighttime.
- Keep accurate dates of international travel as you can easily identify if you get infected and can get proper treatment.
Back to the Vaccination Page.
- Our Services
- Lung Cancer: Things You Should Know About
- Pneumonia Vaccine Available at Clinic One 2023
- निमोनिया (Pneumonia) बारे जान्नै पर्ने महत्वपुर्ण कुराहरु
- The Importance of Self-Care for Men: Tips and Strategies for Prioritizing Your Health
- इन्फ्लुएन्जा (Influenza) बारे जान्नै पर्ने महत्वपुर्ण कुराहरू
- The Dark Side of Food Challenges: What You Need to Know
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Balanced Weight
- Children Health
- Diet and Nutrition
- Digestive System
- Diseases in Nepal
- Emotional Support Hotline
- Eye Health
- Flu Vaccines
- Food Benefit
- Full Body Checkup
- Heart Problems
- Immunity System
- Kidney Health
- Medical Certificates
- Melasma (पोतो /कालो दाग)
- Men's Health
- Mental Health
- Ob Gyn
- Online Consultation
- OPD Departments
- Oral Health
- Press Release
- Rabies FAQ
- Respiratory Diseases
- Sexual Health
- Travel Safety
- Varicose Vein Treatment
- Vitamin D
- Women's Health