Posted on : July 2, 2020 by Clinic One Team on Ob Gyn
One can miss or go through late periods for many reasons other than pregnancy. There two times where periods are irregular in a women’s life. First is when menopause starts. During the menstrual cycle, period pain is the most common problem experienced by women.
If you are missing your period for 3 following cycles, the condition is called Amenorrhoea. This condition can be commonly seen in young girls with the following conditions:
- When they are 14 years old and there is the absence of growth and development of secondary characteristics like enlargement of breasts, broadened hips, increased height and hair growth in private parts.
- When they are 16 years old and there are normal growth and development of secondary sexual characteristics like enlargement of the breast, broadened hips, increased height and hair growth in the private areas.
If a woman who has already had her period misses her period for more than 6 months, she must consult with a gynecologist to find out the cause and get appropriate treatment.
Do you have painful menstruation? Here are some things that you need to know about your period pain.
Some of the women go through a very hard time during their mensuration period. They feel severe pain during menstruation cycle in the lower abdomen that radiates to the lower back and thighs and affects their daily activities.
Medically this condition is called Dysmenorrhea.
Request appointment with our Gynecologist at Clinic One Kathmandu
What are the causes of Painful Period Pain?
- Uterus contraction due to increase in the level of prostaglandins.
- Disorder in female reproductive organs.
- If your menstruation occurs in less than 21 days and remains constant at the frequency, i.e. every 2 to 3 weeks. Medically this condition is called Polymenorrhea. This is caused due to –
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STD).
- Pelvic inflammation.
- Cancer in the reproductive tract.
- If your menstrual bleeding occurs in the interval of 35 days or more and remains constant at the frequency. Medically this condition is called Oligomenorrhea and is caused due to –
- Hormonal imbalances.
- Excessive exercise.
- Medications like: Birth control medications, Anti-psychotic drugs, Anti-anxiety drugs, etc.
To understand the exact cause and start treatment immediately consult a Gynaecologist.
Do you have prolonged or heavy bleeding during menstruation cycle?
If you experience heavy or prolonged menstrual bleeding with regular cyclic interval, medically this condition is called Menorrhagia.
It is caused due to following reasons:
- Hormonal imbalances.
- Dysfunction of reproductive organs.
- Certain medications.
- Intrauterine devices (used for family planning).etc.
When to See a Gynecologist in Kathmandu?
Since heavy bleeding during menstruation may lead to life-threatening condition, any woman experiencing the following conditions must see a Gynaecologist immediately.
- Women having heavy bleeding – if 1 pad is soaked every hourly and bleeding occurs for more than 7 days.
- If the woman looks pale and fatigued due to heavy loss of blood.
Book your Gynecologist Appointment at Clinic One Kathmandu:
Call 015400400 | 9863393960
or, Request an Appointment below.
- Our Services
- Lung Cancer: Things You Should Know About
- Pneumonia Vaccine Available at Clinic One 2023
- निमोनिया (Pneumonia) बारे जान्नै पर्ने महत्वपुर्ण कुराहरु
- The Importance of Self-Care for Men: Tips and Strategies for Prioritizing Your Health
- इन्फ्लुएन्जा (Influenza) बारे जान्नै पर्ने महत्वपुर्ण कुराहरू
- The Dark Side of Food Challenges: What You Need to Know
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Balanced Weight
- Children Health
- Diet and Nutrition
- Digestive System
- Diseases in Nepal
- Emotional Support Hotline
- Eye Health
- Flu Vaccines
- Food Benefit
- Full Body Checkup
- Heart Problems
- Immunity System
- Kidney Health
- Medical Certificates
- Melasma (पोतो /कालो दाग)
- Men's Health
- Mental Health
- Ob Gyn
- Online Consultation
- OPD Departments
- Oral Health
- Press Release
- Rabies FAQ
- Respiratory Diseases
- Sexual Health
- Travel Safety
- Varicose Vein Treatment
- Vitamin D
- Women's Health