Posted on : December 25, 2022 by Clinic One Team on Diet and Nutrition
A balanced diet is a diet plan that maintains or improves overall health.
A balanced diet provides the body with essential nutrition: fluid, micronutrients such as vitamins, macronutrients such as protein, and adequate food energy and fiber.
Many people often consider fasting equal to dieting but it isn’t true.
Fasting means staying without eating or sometimes even drinking but in a balanced diet, you must consume essential nutrients and fluid.
What to Consider When Making a Diet Plan?
A balanced diet is good for people of any age but you must consider the following points before starting or during a diet plan:
- Consume different types of foods, vegetables, and fruits to get all the different types of nutrients and vitamins required by your body.
- Make appropriate goals for a balanced diet plan.
- Use seasonal fruits and vegetables, which are less expensive and efficient.
- Make sure you plan the diet that you can afford and have time to cook.
- Consult with a dietician before making a diet plan.
Why is a Balanced Diet Plan Necessary?
A balanced diet has many benefits in human life. Some of them are:
Prevents diseases and infections:
When you eat the full range of minerals, vitamins, and other nutrients you improve your immune system and your healthy diet may even help prevent diseases like diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and cancer.
Helps you control your weight
It is not feasible to be on a weight-loss diet forever – a healthy diet is the only way to healthily control your weight in the long term.
Improves your mental health
Getting the right mix of nutrients can help to ease symptoms of anxiety and depression – looking after yourself by eating well is crucial as you take steps to good mental health.
Good for growth
It is essential for all age groups, especially children and adolescents to maintain a healthy weight.
As the body grows it is important to receive the right amount of nutrients so that cells are built and maintained and the body grows at the right pace.
Better skin and hair
A healthy balanced diet also improves your outlook. Healthy eating habits contribute to healthy hair and skin and a “glow” that makes you look younger.
Relation Between Weight and Balanced Diet
Most people perform a balanced diet for maintaining a healthy weight.
We also know the truth that ideal weight keeps us away from various diseases like diabetes, heart diseases, etc.
What do You Mean by Ideal Healthy Weight?
A weight that is believed to be maximally healthful for a person, based chiefly on height but modified by factors like age, gender, build and degree of muscular development is said to be ideal.
If your BMI is 18.5 to 24.9, it falls within the Healthy Weight range.
Below this value is considered underweight and above this value is considered overweight.
How to Attain an Ideal Healthy Weight?
We can attain an ideal healthy weight by following methods:
- Performing regular health exercise
- Maintaining balanced diet
- Intermittent fasting should be performed if you are overweight
- Avoid eating food with high calories and fats
- Consume homemade seasonal foods.
Who to Consult For Making a Diet Plan?
For a diet plan, you can visit a certified clinic or hospital.
Hence it can be concluded that if a balanced diet is performed under the supervision of a dietician then it will keep you away from many diseases but if you perform it unscientifically then it may lead to malnutrition or dehydration.
- Our Services
- Lung Cancer: Things You Should Know About
- Pneumonia Vaccine Available at Clinic One 2023
- निमोनिया (Pneumonia) बारे जान्नै पर्ने महत्वपुर्ण कुराहरु
- The Importance of Self-Care for Men: Tips and Strategies for Prioritizing Your Health
- इन्फ्लुएन्जा (Influenza) बारे जान्नै पर्ने महत्वपुर्ण कुराहरू
- The Dark Side of Food Challenges: What You Need to Know
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Balanced Weight
- Children Health
- Diet and Nutrition
- Digestive System
- Diseases in Nepal
- Emotional Support Hotline
- Eye Health
- Flu Vaccines
- Food Benefit
- Full Body Checkup
- Heart Problems
- Immunity System
- Kidney Health
- Medical Certificates
- Melasma (पोतो /कालो दाग)
- Men's Health
- Mental Health
- Ob Gyn
- Online Consultation
- OPD Departments
- Oral Health
- Press Release
- Rabies FAQ
- Respiratory Diseases
- Sexual Health
- Travel Safety
- Varicose Vein Treatment
- Vitamin D
- Women's Health