Posted on : January 2, 2019 by Clinic One on Vaccination
Do you need a Varicella Vaccine in Kathmandu Nepal or in your travels to Tibet and North India? Clinic One offers this solution in a convenient environment.
Call Clinic One Kathmandu at 9861966614 or email us at [email protected] and get Varicella Vaccine in promptly.
(Live Attenuated Varicella Virus Vaccine)
The vaccine is a lyophilized preparation of live attenuated Varicella virus and becomes a transparent, colorless, or yellowish solution when reconstituted with the diluent supplied.
For prophylaxis against Varicella in individuals aged 12 months or older.
The vaccination is recommended in the subject who has not a history of Varicella and meets the below criteria:
- High-risk patients predisposed to varicella infection.
- In acute lymphatic leukemia patients:
- Those who have shown complete disappearance of any varicella vaccine components for at least the last 3 months.
- Those who have more than 500/mm3 lymphocytes
- Immunosuppressant patients like cancer patients under chemotherapy.
- Patients with COPD under corticosteroids.
- Subjects who have closely come in touch with vaccinated high-risk patients.
- Medical students, nurses, doctors, women who want to be prevented during pregnancy.
Dosage and Administration
Immediately not longer than 30 minutes after reconstitution with diluent supplied. Inject a single dose of 0.5 ml subcutaneously.
- The varicella vaccine is given by injection when the kids are between 12 to 15 months old. At 4 to 6 years of age, they are given a booster shot for protection
- Kids who are older than 6 but younger than 13 who have not had chickenpox also may receive the vaccine, with the two doses given at least 3 months apart.
- Kids 13 years or older who have not had either chickenpox or the vaccine need two vaccine doses at least 1 month apart.
The vaccine is contraindicated to the individuals with
- Administration of other live vaccines (oral polio, measles, rubella, mumps, and BCG vaccines) within 1 month.
- Cardiovascular, renal, or hepatic disorder.
- History of hypersensitivity to any ingredients of this vaccine
- Pregnancy or willingness to conceive within two months
- Children under 12 months of age.
- Primary, acquired immunodeficiency including immunosuppression associated with AIDS or clinical manifestation of human immunodeficiency virus infection
- Patients whose immune system has been highly suppressed due to radiotherapy or intensified treatment for leukemia.
- Fever or malnutrition.
- In high-risk patients, papule and vesicular eruptions accompanied by mild fever may occur 14 to 30 days after vaccination.
- Herpes zoster may occur to a high-risk population, which is not serious
Common adverse effects:
Blood and Plasma Transfusion: If less than 3 months
For six weeks following vaccination do not use salicylate during a natural Varicella infection
Warnings and Precautions
- Anaphylactoid reaction epinephrine (1: 1000)
- The duration of protection after vaccination with varicella is unknown.
- Pregnancy and nursing mother.
- In the case of administration of 6 – mercaptopurine, other dosages should be discontinued for at least one week before vaccination and resumed at least one week after vaccination.
Clinic One has walk-in appointments for all kinds of vaccines available in our clinic including Varicella. We are open on all weekdays except Saturday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Back to Vaccination Page.
- Our Services
- Everything you need to know about Medical Abortion
- Lung Cancer: Things You Should Know About
- Pneumonia Vaccine Available at Clinic One 2023
- निमोनिया (Pneumonia) बारे जान्नै पर्ने महत्वपुर्ण कुराहरु
- The Importance of Self-Care for Men: Tips and Strategies for Prioritizing Your Health
- इन्फ्लुएन्जा (Influenza) बारे जान्नै पर्ने महत्वपुर्ण कुराहरू
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Balanced Weight
- Children Health
- Diet and Nutrition
- Digestive System
- Diseases in Nepal
- Emotional Support Hotline
- Eye Health
- Flu Vaccines
- Food Benefit
- Full Body Checkup
- Heart Problems
- Immunity System
- Kidney Health
- Medical Certificates
- Melasma (पोतो /कालो दाग)
- Men's Health
- Mental Health
- Ob Gyn
- Online Consultation
- OPD Departments
- Oral Health
- Press Release
- Rabies FAQ
- Respiratory Diseases
- Sexual Health
- Travel Safety
- Varicose Vein Treatment
- Vitamin D
- Women's Health