Posted on : December 28, 2018 by Clinic One on Vaccination
Do you need a Meningococcal Vaccine in Kathmandu Nepal or for your travels to India or Tibet?
Clinic One offers this vaccine in a clean friendly environment.
Call Clinic One Kathmandu at 9861966614 or email us at [email protected] and get Meningococcal Vaccine promptly. We can also offer this vaccine to you in the comfort of your home. Please let us know.
Meningococcal (Groups A, C, Y, and W-135) Meningococcal Polysaccharide Diphtheria Toxoid Conjugate Vaccine is indicated for active immunization to prevent invasive meningococcal disease caused by Neisseria meningitides serogroups A, C, Y and W -135.
It is approved for use in individuals 9 months through 55 years of age. This vaccine is not indicated for the prevention of meningitis caused by other microorganisms or disease caused by N meningitides serogroup B.
Protective antibody levels may be achieved within 7 to 10 days after vaccination.
Dosage and route of administration
It should be administered as a single 0.5-ml injection by the intramuscular route, preferably in the anterolateral thigh or deltoid region, depending on the recipient’s age and muscle mass.
In children 9 through 23 months of age, Menactra is given as a 2-dose series at least 3 months apart. Individuals 2 through 55 years of age receive a single dose.
A single booster dose may be given to individuals 15 through 55 years of age at continued risk for Meningococcal disease if at least 4 to 6 years have elapsed since the prior dose.
Routine vaccination is recommended for the following high-risk groups
- Deficiencies in late Complement components (C3. C5-C9) immunity
- Absence of normal spleen function
- Persons with laboratory or industrial exposure to N meningitides aerosols.
- Travelers to, and residents of, hyperemic areas such as sub-Saharan Africa.
- Guillain Barre Syndrome
- Febrile or acute disease
Warnings and precautions
- Altered immunocompetence
- Pregnancy: vaccinate if only needed after doctor consultation (category- c)
- Nursing Mother It is not known whether this drug is excreted in human milk. Because many drugs are excreted in human milk, caution should be exercised when this vaccine is administered to a nursing woman.
- Pediatric and geriatric use: Safety and effectiveness of Menactra vaccine in infants below 9 months of age and adults older than 55 years have not been established yet.
- Mild pain and redness at the site of infection for 1 to 2 days
- Pain transient fever might develop in less than or equal to 2% of young children.
Clinic One has walk-in appointments for all kinds of vaccines available at our clinic. We are open on all weekdays except Saturday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Back to Vaccination Page.
- Our Services
- Lung Cancer: Things You Should Know About
- Pneumonia Vaccine Available at Clinic One 2023
- निमोनिया (Pneumonia) बारे जान्नै पर्ने महत्वपुर्ण कुराहरु
- The Importance of Self-Care for Men: Tips and Strategies for Prioritizing Your Health
- इन्फ्लुएन्जा (Influenza) बारे जान्नै पर्ने महत्वपुर्ण कुराहरू
- The Dark Side of Food Challenges: What You Need to Know
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Balanced Weight
- Children Health
- Diet and Nutrition
- Digestive System
- Diseases in Nepal
- Emotional Support Hotline
- Eye Health
- Flu Vaccines
- Food Benefit
- Full Body Checkup
- Heart Problems
- Immunity System
- Kidney Health
- Medical Certificates
- Melasma (पोतो /कालो दाग)
- Men's Health
- Mental Health
- Ob Gyn
- Online Consultation
- OPD Departments
- Oral Health
- Press Release
- Rabies FAQ
- Respiratory Diseases
- Sexual Health
- Travel Safety
- Varicose Vein Treatment
- Vitamin D
- Women's Health