Posted on : March 17, 2020 by Clinic One on Ultrasound
Date: March 17, 2020
Breast Ultrasound is an imaging technique that utilizes sound waves to produce images of the internal structure of the breast.
This medical test is primarily done to check for breast lumps, tumors, and other abnormalities. It does not use high-energy radiation to screen for abnormalities. So, it is a safe and pain-free test that is also safe for pregnant women.
Doctors may advise you to take this test if they have not found anything during a physical exam, mammogram, or MRI. This is also safe for mothers who are breastfeeding.
What are the uses of Breast Ultrasound?
- Diagnosing breast abnormalities.
- Determining if the abnormality is a non-cancerous lump or a cyst (fluid-filled).
- An alternative for women who cannot undergo an MRI.
- An alternative to mammograms which relies on X-rays.
- Ultrasound-guided breast biopsy.
- An alternative for women with breast implants.
Who does Breast Ultrasounds?
At Clinic One Kathmandu, only our certified radiologists perform Breast Ultrasound.
We have following radiologists available at Clinic One:
For appointments and inquiries, please call Clinic One at 9861966614 | 9863393960 or email us at [email protected]
How to prepare for a Breast Ultrasound?
- You will be asked to lie down on an examination table.
- As with other ultrasounds, you should wear loose clothing. Gown changing
- A gel is used in the area of investigation. A probe called a transducer is pressed which sends and collects sound waves to and from the area of study and the image is displayed on the computer screen.
- Sometimes, when the scanning is to be performed on a region of tenderness, you might feel minor discomfort or pain.
- Normal activities can be continued after the examination unless otherwise stated by the radiologist.
Black and white images are produced by breast ultrasound.
A dark spot appears in the image if there is a presence of cysts, tumors, etc. This does not always mean that the patient has breast cancer. There may be various reasons for it.
The doctor will advise the patient if any further test needs to be done. The further test may include MRI, or a biopsy.
Keywords: Breast Ultrasound Kathmandu, Breast Ultrasound for women in Kathmandu
- Our Services
- Lung Cancer: Things You Should Know About
- Pneumonia Vaccine Available at Clinic One 2023
- निमोनिया (Pneumonia) बारे जान्नै पर्ने महत्वपुर्ण कुराहरु
- The Importance of Self-Care for Men: Tips and Strategies for Prioritizing Your Health
- इन्फ्लुएन्जा (Influenza) बारे जान्नै पर्ने महत्वपुर्ण कुराहरू
- The Dark Side of Food Challenges: What You Need to Know
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Balanced Weight
- Children Health
- Diet and Nutrition
- Digestive System
- Diseases in Nepal
- Emotional Support Hotline
- Eye Health
- Flu Vaccines
- Food Benefit
- Full Body Checkup
- Heart Problems
- Immunity System
- Kidney Health
- Medical Certificates
- Melasma (पोतो /कालो दाग)
- Men's Health
- Mental Health
- Ob Gyn
- Online Consultation
- OPD Departments
- Oral Health
- Press Release
- Rabies FAQ
- Respiratory Diseases
- Sexual Health
- Travel Safety
- Varicose Vein Treatment
- Vitamin D
- Women's Health