Posted on : June 30, 2021 by Clinic One on OPD Departments
Many women and sometimes men around the world suffer from breast-related diseases. To cure and better take care of such women/men, we have introduced the Breast Oncosurgery department at Clinic One Kathmandu.
What is breast oncosurgery?
Breast oncosurgery is a type of surgery done for breast-related diseases or cancer(It includes minimally intrusive techniques along with breast reconstruction.
Who is a breast oncosurgeon?
A breast oncosurgeon is a person who has qualifications as well as experience in conducting breast cancer surgery. Breast Oncosurgeon performs breast biopsy, lumpectomy, mastectomy, breast reconstruction, and other procedures to treat many breast conditions, including breast cancer in both men and women.
Sun, Tue & Thu: 2 pm to 3 pm
Why you get breast-related cancer?
Normally, women get breast-related cancer due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Genetic mutation with BRCA 1 & BRCA 2
- Radiation to the chest wall < 30 years of age
- Long term use of hormone replacement therapy
- Having breast cancer in the past
- Late first full term pregnancy i.e. >30 years of age
- Minimal or no breastfeeding
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Smoking and alcohol intake
When to see a breast oncosurgeon?
Breast cancer may not have early signs but, if you have or feel any or all of the following symptoms, see a breast oncosurgeon immediately if you:
- Feel or see lumps or hard area in the breast or armpit
- See a change in the size or shape of the breast from before
- Discharge of fluid from nipples or the nipple turning inward
- Redness in the breast or scaling in the breast area
- Itchiness or irritation in the breast
Surgery or radiation is used to control local disease. Chemotherapy and hormone treatment is used for systemic spread.
- Endocrinology Department
- Heart checkup with Cardiology
- Chest checkup with Pulmonology
- Women’s Health with OBS, Gynecology
- Skin checkup with Dermatology
- Children visits with Pediatrics
- Mental Health with Psychology
- Kidney Health with Nephrology
- Diet and Nutrition
- Our Services
- Recent Blogs
- Balanced Weight
- Children Health
- Diseases in Nepal
- Emotional Support Hotline
- Flu Vaccines
- Full Body Checkup
- Heart Problems
- Immunity System
- Kidney Health
- Medical Certificates
- Melasma (पोतो /कालो दाग)
- Mental Health
- Ob Gyn
- Online Consultation
- OPD Departments
- Rabies FAQ
- Respiratory Diseases
- Sexual Health
- Vitamin D
- Women's Health