Posted on : April 30, 2020 by Clinic One on Blog
The scrotum is a body part in males that looks like a sac of skin. Scrotum and penis are the two external sex parts found in males. The scrotum is located between the legs and at the front of the pelvis. A Scrotum contains testicles that produce hormones and sperms. One of the most important roles of the scrotum is to maintain an optimal temperature for the testicles. Testicles are the two ball-like glands found inside the scrotum. Testicular ultrasound is an imaging procedure that uses sound waves to produce images of the testicles and other tissues in the scrotum. It is noninvasive, pain-free, and a safe procedure.
Who does Scrotum/Testicular ultrasound?
Like any other ultrasound, only a certified radiologist can perform Scrotum/Testicular Ultrasound. We have following radiologists available at Clinic One:
- Dr. Abhisesh Manandhar, MD
- Dr. Bishow Dangol
- Dr. Mukunda Shrestha
Uses of Scrotum/Testicular Ultrasound
Testicular ultrasound is done to diagnose or examine any of the following medical conditions of the scrotum or testicles.
- Feeling of pain or discomfort in the scrotum or testicles.
- Swelling of the testicles.
- Screening for testicular lumps, this may develop into cancer.
- Infertility is a condition when a couple cannot conceive a baby.
- Screening for testicular torsion which is a serious condition in males. Testicular torsion is the twisting of the spermatic cords. Spermatic cord plays an important role in maintaining blood supply to the testicles.
- To check for the location of an undescended testicle. An undescended testicle is a condition when one of the testicles has not moved into its position in the scrotum.
- Screening for varicocele, which is the enlargement of the veins in the scrotum.
- Screening for Epididymitis, it is a condition in which the inflammation of the epididymis occurs. Epididymis plays an important role in storing and transporting sperms.
What happens during the procedure?
- You will be asked to lie on the table in a position as described by the radiologist.
- As with other ultrasound, you should wear loose clothing.
- A gel is used on the scrotum on which a probe called a transducer is pressed. The transducer sends and collects sound wave and the image is displayed on the computer screen.
- Sometime, to get a better visual of the area of investigation, the radiologist might press the transducer with extra force.
- This procedure may take up to 30 minutes.
After the test is completed, the radiologist or the doctor will have a look at the images and discuss the results with you. Any additional test or screening may be required depending upon the result.
For appointment and inquiries, please call Clinic One at 9861966614 | 9863393960 or email us at [email protected].
- Our Services
- Everything you need to know about Medical Abortion
- Lung Cancer: Things You Should Know About
- Pneumonia Vaccine Available at Clinic One 2023
- निमोनिया (Pneumonia) बारे जान्नै पर्ने महत्वपुर्ण कुराहरु
- The Importance of Self-Care for Men: Tips and Strategies for Prioritizing Your Health
- इन्फ्लुएन्जा (Influenza) बारे जान्नै पर्ने महत्वपुर्ण कुराहरू
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Balanced Weight
- Children Health
- Diet and Nutrition
- Digestive System
- Diseases in Nepal
- Emotional Support Hotline
- Eye Health
- Flu Vaccines
- Food Benefit
- Full Body Checkup
- Heart Problems
- Immunity System
- Kidney Health
- Medical Certificates
- Melasma (पोतो /कालो दाग)
- Men's Health
- Mental Health
- Ob Gyn
- Online Consultation
- OPD Departments
- Oral Health
- Press Release
- Rabies FAQ
- Respiratory Diseases
- Sexual Health
- Travel Safety
- Varicose Vein Treatment
- Vitamin D
- Women's Health