Prof. Dr. Nidesh Sapkota
Prof Dr. Nidesh Sapkota has been providing his medical service for the last 24 years and serving as a mental health specialist for the last 16 years.
He is the founder General Secretary of Alzheimer’s and Related Dementia Society Nepal(ARDSN) and at present, he is the President of ARDSN.
He has more than 28 scientific papers published both in National and International Journals. He is the co-author of the book” Dementia first aid” which has been written in the Nepali language for readers ranging from caretakers to general practitioners.
- Consultant Psychiatrist: Clinic One Kathmandu, 2021 – till date
- HOD: Department of Psychiatry, BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal(BPKIHS), 2018
- Professor and HOD, Department of Psychiatry, B & C Teaching Hospital
Scientific Programme experiences
- Member of BPKIHS XVIII Annual Scientific Programme, 2011.
- Member of BPKIHS XX Annual Scientific Programme, 2013.
- Member of the 5th National Conference of Psychiatrists’ Association of Nepal, April 2013(Pokhara)
- Chairperson, World Association for Psychosocial Rehabilitation National Workshop, April 2016.
- Convener, Scientific Committee of 27th All Nepal Medical Conference,(Nov 2016) Dharan, Nepal.
- Convener of BPKIHS Continuing Medical Education(CME).
- Convener of BPKIHS XXIX Annual Scientific Programme, September 2017
- Convener, Continuing Medical Education(CME/CPD) at BPKIHS, 2016 till February 2021.
Education and Training
- Fellowship(Geriatric Psychiatry, USA)
- Member: Geriatric expert committee of National Human Rights Commission, Nepal
- Vice President: Nepal Medical Association, Dharan Branch, 2018
- Vice President: Alzheimer and Related Dementia Society Nepal, 2019
- Chairperson, Quality Control Unit, BPKIHS, 2015
- Member(PHF), Rotary Club of Dharan Ghopa.
- Former Member, Health Professional Education Department, BPKIHS.