HAEMOPHILIUS TYPE B CONJUGATE VACCINE
Do you need a Haemophilius Type B Conjugate Vaccine in Kathmandu Nepal or for your travels outside Kathmandu and into North India and Tibet?
We at Clinic One promptly offer this vaccine in a clean comfortable environment.
Call Clinic One Kathmandu at 01-5009233 | 9863393960 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and get HIB Vaccine promptly.
Sii HIB PRO
Indicated for active immunization against Haemophilus Influenza Type B infection for all children from age 6 weeks to 5 years.
0.5 ml injected intramuscularly into antereo – lateral aspect of thigh in infants or into deltoid muscle of older children.
Recommended Immunization schedule:
*All vaccinated children should be given a single booster dose at 12 to18 months of age, but the interval after the previous dose should not be less than 2 months. Previously unvaccinated children 15 months to 5 years of age receive a single injection of Sii HibPro.
** Interruption of the recommended schedules with a delay between doses does not interfare with the final immunity achieved nor does it necessitate starting the series over again regardless of the length of time elapsed between doses.
Babies born preterm should be vaccinated according to their consecutive age, from birth,
The vaccine should be injected promptly after reconstitution.
- Hypersensitivity to the vaccine.
- The vaccination must be provided to children with moderate or severe febrile illness as soon as they recover from the acute phase of the illness.
- Since the possibility of anaphylactoid or other allergic type reactions are possible following administration of theHib Vaccine, 1: 1000 Adrenaline should be available for immediate treatment if such reactions occur. Therefore, the vaccine should be under medical supervision for at least half an hour after immunization.
- Use by pregnant women is not recommended.
- Individuals taking immunosuppressive therapy (e.g. Corticotrophin, corticosteroids, alkaline agents, antimetabolites, radiation therapy) may have a diminished antibody response to immunization with Sii Hib Pro.
- Hib vaccine can be administered in a safe and effective way at the same time as BCG, DTP, measles, polio vaccines (OPV or IPV), HBV or yellow fever vaccines.
- The vaccine can be administered either simultaneously or at any time before or after a different inactivated or live vaccine but separately at different sites.
Localized reactions may occur within 24 hours of vaccination, when recipients may experience pain and tenderness at the injection site. These reactions are generally mild and transient and in most cases spontaneously resolve within 2-3 days.
The general symptoms reported within first 48 hours include fever, loss of appetite, restlessness, vomiting, diarrhea and unusual crying.
Clinic One has walk in appointments for all kinds of vaccines available at our clinic. We are open on all weekdays except Saturday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Back to Vaccination Page.