TYPHOID Treatment and VACCINE
Concerned with Typhoid during your travels to Kathmandu and different parts of Nepal? Worried about eating in restaurants, friends, or social gatherings? Panicking about having water or fresh food and salad? The cucumber and salad look delicious but you hesitate to eat. Is that you?
Waterborne illnesses are common in summer rainy months as this article highlights. You may enjoy a nice drink or food outside or a picnic or a nice feast with your loved ones. And sadly you get very sick with loose stool, high fever, and pain. If you get Typhoid you can get a high fever and be bedridden for two weeks. Painful!
Be very careful of Typhoid in the summer months and the rainy season. The Center for Disease Control recommends a Typhoid vaccine. Here is an article from BBC that says “Typhoid vaccine ‘works fantastically well‘
If you show symptoms, contact your doctor immediately. At Clinic One Kathmandu, we offer Typhoid treatment and vaccines to protect you. Call at 01-5009233 | 9863393960 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a visit.
Typhoid Vaccine Brand Name
Typhoid vaccines are vaccines that prevent typhoid fever. There are two types that are widely available: Ty2la (a live vaccine given by mouth) and Vi capsular polysaccharide vaccine (an injectable subunit vaccine). Their efficiency is 30 to 70% for the first two years depending upon the particular vaccine in question.
Vi Capsular Polysaccharide Typhoid vaccine B.P.
Immunizing dose for adults and children of 2 years of age and other older is a single dose of 0.5ml.
Subjects who remain at risk of typhoid fever should be given a single booster dose of the vaccine with an interval of not more than 3 years.
Typhoid vaccine is indicated active immunization against typhoid fever for both adults and children two years of age or older.
- Travelers to high endemic areas
- Household contacts of carriers
- Healthcare personnel
- Police armed force and such other regimented personnel
If allergic to any composition of vaccine, hypersensitivity.
Injection site: erythema, insulation, and tenderness
Systemic reaction: headache, diarrhea, vomiting, myalgia, and elevated temperature
Special Precautions and Warnings
- TYPBAR protects against typhoid fever caused by salmonella Typhi. Protection is not conferred against Salmonella paratyphi and other non-typhoidal salmonellae.
- Should be delayed in infection and febrile case.
- Adrenaline injection must be kept readily available following immunization, should an anaphylactic or other allergic reaction occur due to any component of the vaccine.
- Caution in case of subjects with thrombocytopenia or bleeding disorder since bleeding may occur following an intramuscular administration in these subjects. It may be expected that in patients with immunodeficiency, an adequate response may not be achieved.
- Pregnancy and lactation: The effect of Typbar on fetal development or reproduction capacity has not been evaluated. Typbar should be given to pregnant and lactating mothers only if clearly needed.
- Pediatric use: safety and effectiveness of Typbar in children two years of age and below has not been established. Polysaccharides vaccines, in general, have lower immunogenicity under this age.
Clinic One has walk-in appointments for all kinds of vaccines available at our clinic. We are open on all weekdays except Saturday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Back to Vaccination Page.