Posted on : December 28, 2018 by Clinic One on Vaccination
Typhoid vaccine in Kathmandu Nepal
Concerned with Typhoid during your travels to Kathmandu and different parts of Nepal? Worried about eating in restaurants, friends, or social gatherings? Panicking about having water or fresh food and salad? The cucumber and salad look delicious but you hesitate to eat. Is that you?
Waterborne illnesses are common in summer rainy months as this article highlights. You may enjoy a nice drink or food outside or a picnic or a nice feast with your loved ones. And sadly you get very sick with loose stool, high fever, and pain. If you get Typhoid you can get a high fever and be bedridden for two weeks. Painful!
Be very careful of Typhoid in the summer months and the rainy season. The Center for Disease Control recommends a Typhoid vaccine. Here is an article from BBC that says “Typhoid vaccine ‘works fantastically well‘. This article from Oxford states “A single dose of the vaccine was found to be safe and effective in reducing typhoid in children aged 9 months to 16 years in an endemic setting.”
If you show symptoms, contact your doctor immediately. At Clinic One Kathmandu, we offer Typhoid treatment and vaccines to protect you. Call at 9861966614 or email us at [email protected] to schedule a visit.
Typhoid Vaccine Brand Name
Typhoid vaccines are vaccines that prevent typhoid fever. There are two types that are widely available: Ty2la (a live vaccine given by mouth) and Vi capsular polysaccharide vaccine (an injectable subunit vaccine). Their efficiency is 30 to 70% for the first two years depending upon the particular vaccine in question.
Vi Capsular Polysaccharide Typhoid vaccine B.P.
The immunizing dose for adults and children of 2 years of age and older is a single dose of 0.5ml.
Subjects who remain at risk of typhoid fever should be given a single booster dose of the vaccine with an interval of not more than 3 years.
Typhoid vaccine is indicated active immunization against typhoid fever for both adults and children two years of age or older.
- Travelers to high endemic areas
- Household contacts of carriers
- Healthcare personnel
- Police armed force and such other regimented personnel
If allergic to any composition of vaccine, hypersensitivity.
Injection site: erythema, insulation, and tenderness
Systemic reaction: headache, diarrhea, vomiting, myalgia, and elevated temperature
Special Precautions and Warnings
- TYPBAR protects against typhoid fever caused by salmonella Typhi. Protection is not conferred against Salmonella paratyphi and other non-typhoidal salmonellae.
- Should be delayed in infection and febrile cases.
- Adrenaline injection must be kept readily available following immunization, should an anaphylactic or other allergic reaction occur due to any component of the vaccine.
- Caution in case of subjects with thrombocytopenia or a bleeding disorder since bleeding may occur following an intramuscular administration in these subjects. It may be expected that in patients with immunodeficiency, an adequate response may not be achieved.
- Pregnancy and lactation: The effect of Typbar on fetal development or reproduction capacity has not been evaluated. Typbar should be given to pregnant and lactating mothers only if clearly needed.
- Pediatric use: safety and effectiveness of Typbar in children two years of age and below has not been established. Polysaccharides vaccines, in general, have lower immunogenicity under this age.
Clinic One has walk-in appointments for all kinds of vaccines available at our clinic. We are open on all weekdays except Saturday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Back to Vaccination Page.
- Our Services
- Lung Cancer: Things You Should Know About
- Pneumonia Vaccine Available at Clinic One 2023
- निमोनिया (Pneumonia) बारे जान्नै पर्ने महत्वपुर्ण कुराहरु
- The Importance of Self-Care for Men: Tips and Strategies for Prioritizing Your Health
- इन्फ्लुएन्जा (Influenza) बारे जान्नै पर्ने महत्वपुर्ण कुराहरू
- The Dark Side of Food Challenges: What You Need to Know
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Balanced Weight
- Children Health
- Diet and Nutrition
- Digestive System
- Diseases in Nepal
- Emotional Support Hotline
- Eye Health
- Flu Vaccines
- Food Benefit
- Full Body Checkup
- Heart Problems
- Immunity System
- Kidney Health
- Medical Certificates
- Melasma (पोतो /कालो दाग)
- Men's Health
- Mental Health
- Ob Gyn
- Online Consultation
- OPD Departments
- Oral Health
- Press Release
- Rabies FAQ
- Respiratory Diseases
- Sexual Health
- Travel Safety
- Varicose Vein Treatment
- Vitamin D
- Women's Health