Posted on : May 5, 2020 by Clinic One on Blog
FNAC stands for fine-needle aspiration cytology. This technique uses a fine hollow needle to collect samples from an organ or a tissue. The extracted cell samples are sent for testing as required by the doctor. This method is usually done to investigate the samples from the breasts, glands (thyroid gland), or any other parts of the body. This is a swift and safe procedure. To precisely detect and locate the cell samples, ultrasound is used. There is no need for cuts in the skin to remove the sample.
Why is FNAC done?
- Extracting and analyzing a fluid sample from the body.
- Detecting breast cancer.
- Analyze the changes in the composition of the cells after treatment.
- Analyzing breast cysts which are a fluid-filled sac present inside the breast.
- Analyze breast abscess which is a collection of pus in the breasts.
- Analyzing seromas which is a collection of fluid that builds up inside of the skin.
Who does an Ultrasound for FNAC?
Like any other ultrasound, only a certified radiologist can perform an Ultrasound for FNAC. We have the following radiologists available at Clinic One for FNAC in Kathmandu Nepal:
For appointment and inquiries, please call Clinic One at 9861966614 | 9863393960 or email us at [email protected]
What to expect during the FNAC scan?
- A local anesthetic is applied if the sample to be collected is located deep.
- A needle is inserted into the area under investigation and the sample is gently sucked using the plunger of the needle.
- Ultrasound is used if the samples are difficult to locate.
- This method usually takes up to 30 minutes.
- The extracted sample will be sent for further tests such as microscopy.
After the test is completed, the radiologist or the doctor will send the samples for further tests. Any additional test or screening may be required depending on the result.
- Our Services
- Lung Cancer: Things You Should Know About
- Pneumonia Vaccine Available at Clinic One 2023
- निमोनिया (Pneumonia) बारे जान्नै पर्ने महत्वपुर्ण कुराहरु
- The Importance of Self-Care for Men: Tips and Strategies for Prioritizing Your Health
- इन्फ्लुएन्जा (Influenza) बारे जान्नै पर्ने महत्वपुर्ण कुराहरू
- The Dark Side of Food Challenges: What You Need to Know
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Balanced Weight
- Children Health
- Diet and Nutrition
- Digestive System
- Diseases in Nepal
- Emotional Support Hotline
- Eye Health
- Flu Vaccines
- Food Benefit
- Full Body Checkup
- Heart Problems
- Immunity System
- Kidney Health
- Medical Certificates
- Melasma (पोतो /कालो दाग)
- Men's Health
- Mental Health
- Ob Gyn
- Online Consultation
- OPD Departments
- Oral Health
- Press Release
- Rabies FAQ
- Respiratory Diseases
- Sexual Health
- Travel Safety
- Varicose Vein Treatment
- Vitamin D
- Women's Health