Are you concerned with Typhoid during your travels to Kathmandu and different parts of Nepal? Are you concerned about eating in restaurants, friends or social gatherings? Are you panicking about having water or fresh food and salad? The cucumber and salad looks delicious but you hesitate to eat. Is that you?
Water borne illnesses are common in summer rainy months as this article highlights. You may enjoy a nice drink or food outside, you may enjoy a picnic or nice feast with your loved ones. And sadly you get very sick with loose stool, high fever and pain. If you get Typhoid you can get high fever and be bedridden for two weeks. Painful!
Be very careful of Typhoid in the summer. Center for Disease Control recommends a Typhoid vaccine.
At Clinic One Kathmandu, we offer Typhoid vaccine to protect you from water borne illness in the rainy season. Call 01-5009233 today to get a Typhoid vaccine and protect your family.
Brand Name: TYPBAR
Typhoid vaccines are vaccines that prevent typhoid fever. There are two types that are widely available: Ty2la (a live vaccine given by mouth) and Vi capsular polysaccharide vaccine (an injectable subunit vaccine). Their efficiency is 30 to 70% for the first two years depending upon the particular vaccine in question.
Generic Name: Vi Capsular Polysaccharide Typhoid vaccine B.P.
Dose: Immunizing dose for adult and children of 2 years of age and other older is a single dose of 0.5ml.
Note: Subjects who remain at risk of typhoid fever should be given a single booster dose of the vaccine with an interval of not more than 3 years
Therapeutic indication: Typhoid vaccine is indicated active immunization against typhoid fever for both adults and children two years of age or older.
- Travelers to high endemic areas
- Household contacts of carriers
- Healthcare personnel
- Police armed force and such other regimented personnel
Contraindication: if allergic with any composition of vaccine, hypersensitivity
Injection site: erythema, induration and tenderness
Systemic reaction: headache, diarrhea, vomiting, myalgia and elevated temperature
Special Precautions and Warnings:
- TYPBAR protects against typhoid fever caused by salmonella typhi. Protection is not conferred against salmonella paratyphi and other non-typhoidal salmonellae
- Should be delayed in infection and febrile case
- Adrenaline injection must be kept readily available following immunization, should an anaphylactic or other allergic reaction occur due to any component of vaccine
- Caution in case of subjects with thrombocytopenia or bleeding disorder since bleeding may occur following an intramuscular administration in these subjects. It may be expected that in patients with immunodeficiency, an adequate response may not he achieved.
- Pregnancy and lactation:
- The effect of typhar on fetal development or reproduction capacity has not been evaluated. Typbar should be given to pregnant and lactating mother only if clearly needed.
- Pediatric use: safety and effectiveness of typbar in children two years of age and below has not been established. Polysaccharides vaccines in general have lower immunogenicity under this age.
Back to Vaccination Page.